Friday, December 21, 2007

It's been a while



Hey guys. sorry it's been such a long time since I have written. Not sure what exactly I have been doing, but I've been busy! We are doing pretty good...Emma Grace has been fussy lately. not sure why. My guesses are that she's fussy because she is getting a tooth (she has been putting her hands in her mouth way more than normal) or because she has a cold. Runny noses are hard to clean with a squirmy 6 month old! She is usually very "guai," a word in the local language that means anything pleasant that a child can be (I am not sure of the exat definition and I don't think the locals here are either). I get told very often that EG is guai. But not lately. I am really praying she will be over whatever is bothering her before Tim and Kathi get here for their visit!

On her menu this week:


Sweet Potatoes

Peas (her fav!)

Pumpkin

Carrots

Pears

Rice Cereal


Lots of orange going on so that means lots of really hard to get out stains!


Here's a video of her eating pears this morning. Listen closely for the noise at the beginning....that's her. and check out the face at the very end. sorry these are not very long. I am planning to put up a longer one after christmas. just need a little help from the geek squad on it. somehow it goes through youtube and I don't know how to do it. anyway, enjoy the pears...





Let's see, what else? Well, we are excited for Christmas to be here. We are still not sure aobut our plans for Christmas Eve. There is a service at our fellowship that we would like to go to, but it all depends on EG and her sleeping schedule. On Christmas morning, we are planning to get up early and spend some time as the Huffmans...with sausage biscuits, gravy and eggs and fruit! And then later in the day we will have 12 people over to celebrate with us over a big meal. yummy. Andy and I are making our regulars: sweet potato casserole, brocoli casserole and also a pumpkin pie. I am considering trying a coconut cream pie if time allows.


Here is a picture of Xiao Li, our helper giving Emma Grace a bath. Xiao Li is so precious and such a big help to me. I taught her how to make Maw Maw's "Easy Lasagne." She served it to some of her American friends and they said it was the best Lasange they've ever had. Way to go Maw Maw!



Well, the next time you hear from us it will probably be after Christmas. We have a party at our house on Saturday night with some local friends and then one of Sunday with our American friends. MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS! love you!

3 comments:

Mammanett said...

HOW WONDERFUL! I love the picture her close up. Merry Christmas Huffman family! We miss you and love you "bigger than the sky"

Thanks for the update!
Mom

Anonymous said...

How many times can we watch the videos before they self destruct.. I'll bet they have already been watches hundreds of times today by all of us !!!
She is a real "SWEETIE"
Merry Christmas to all of you....
We miss you & love you very much !!

Granny Lib & Poppy Dan

Grandma & Grandpa said...

We're all checking out the most recent blog post... EG is such a cutie!! However, I would like to correct an error..... that wonderful "Easy Lasagna" recipe you got from Maw Maw, SHE got from ME!! But I must admit, I got it from a friend in the mountains 25-27 years ago!! Glad it is such a hit in your part of the world! It is Brian's fav so we fixed it tonight for dinner before the family movie. Went to see "National Treasure, Book of Secrets" - a Winner! Alan said as long as he didn't have to watch "Bicentenial Man" again he'd be happy. Guess that was about our only dud and we've been doing this since 1993. Can you believe that?

Miss you guys & wish you a Merry Christmas! Sure wish you could be here with us!

Love Ya!
Aunt Vickie