Sorry no pics today. There's not a ton going on around here-except for tree removal. All but 5 of the pines are gone. They are tomorrow's work. Today Andy and both came home excited to share with one another the REASON these trees are being removed. We both had asked reputable sources and here's what we found out:
According to the guard at our front gate, who Andy asked: The trees are too tall. hmmmmm. interesting.
According to the lady who wears a special red band on her arm and "monitors" the street vendors (I am not sure what she does, except stand around and talk to them): The larger city which our town is a part of, has a plan to plant the exact same trees all over the city-she spouted off some a four-word catch phrase that is obviously some kind of government plan to beautify the city and make it uniform. Only China would think of this.
Now, as you can tell-these answers were very different. So Andy and I have decided to play a little game. We're going to do a survey of as many people as we can and ask them why the trees are being removed. I imagine we're going to get some interesting answers! I'll keep you posted.
The other big news is my insane shopping trip tomorrow. It costs me about 10 dollars to go in and buy groceries (I could ride the bus but that would mean carrying 50 plastic bags from the store to the bus stop, onto the first bus to ride for 10 mins, off the bus to walk across a major intersection to get on another bus and ride about 45 minutes to get home and then walk about 1/4 of a mile to my house. Carrying a ton of groceries on public transportation just really isn't convenient-of course neither is carrying 7 giant geese-see previous post) Anyway, it's expensive and very time consuming to buy groceries here so my super high-challenge self has decided to buy 2 months worth of groceries in one trip! I am pretty sure I will have 3-4 carts in the end along with a TON OF STARES. I usually have people crowd around to see my total bill when I am only shopping for 2-3 weeks worth of stuff! (They all ride the bus with their groceries so they only buy a few items at a time) I would love to know what they are thinking when they see all my stuff-i imagine it would be something like, this lady must have quadruplets or she must run a day care or wow foreigners must really love to eat canned kidney beans, mayo and brown sugar. One cart will just be 9 packs of diapers and 15 packs of wipes. (I am planning to switch to cloth diapers for baby number two-more on that in another post) So I'll let you know how the shopping goes. Maybe I will take the camera and show you where I shop!
3 comments:
hey, you are way more organized than me---but your plan makes perfect sense.
as for the cloth diapers, remind me to tell you about how Andy "helped me" when Katie wore cloth diapers...Really funny.
Good luck with your massive shopping trip. I tried a similar, not as brave endeavor a week or so ago. . . I decided to buy for the whole month. By the time Landon and I had made it almost to the produce section in Wal Mart, my cart was full and I was carrying things in my arms and Landon was DONE SHOPPING (translates: fussy). I decided that shopping for a whole month was a dumb idea anyway. "Who thought of it in the first place?" I wondered.
Don't let me put a damper on your 2 month shopping trip. If anybody can do it, it'd be YOU!! PLEASE take pictures of your carts! I can't wait to see them!
Love you much and will think of you tomorrow!
Angie
Hmmmm - this should be so much fun!
I assume EG will not be with you?!
Oh do take pictures - see if you can capture the natives in action when they see your cart - hey, you can start your the Chineese version of Candid Camera!!
I LOVE the tree survey ...... it too can be on your first episode of CCC. (Chineese Candid Camera).
Let's plan some outrageous things to do when I come - ok - you do the outrageous stuff and I will hide and take pictures. Can't wait!!
Post a Comment