Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

To Emma Grace, my first born. You're fun, you're silly and you're quite verbose! You say words like, "motivated, quesadilla, and tentacles." You light up a room. You've started to say, "I love you, Mommy," on your own initiative. You lavish Jackie Boy with lots of love and you're great at helping me change his diaper. You are very motivated and have begun to go to the bathroom all by yourself (though next time let's try to find somewhere other than the sidewalk to do your business, sweet one!) On this mother's day, the thing I am most thankful for about you is the way God is using you in my life. Looking at you is like looking in a mirror sometimes. As I teach you about his love and forgiveness, I am preaching a message my soul needs desperately needs to hear daily. As I call you to obedience, I am forced to face my own wandering heart and repent for the way I try to rule my own life. Teaching you about our wonderful Savior gives me opportunities each day to "reschool" my own heart with truths of his holiness, his worthiness, and his abundant grace toward a sinner like me. I am so thankful to be on this journey with you.

To Jack, my son, a sheer delight. I love loving you. You looked so precious today in your 9-12 month Kacki shorts and you're button down shirt. You roll over now in your crib but haven't quite figured out how to roll back over. This is not so fun for you, but great for me! I get to come to the rescue and snuggle with you! You're the happiest little guy and making you laugh is so easy and so fun. You look like my brother and you are like Andy's brother in personality. On Mother's Day, I am thankful for the joy you bring to our family and especially to me. No matter how crazy and chaotic life gets for the other three of us, I can count on looking over to that little blue bouncy seat and seeing you kicking those chubby legs and hearing you squeal in delight just 'cause you're happy to be alive!

Father, thank you for creating these two little ones and allowing me the privilege and honor of being their mother. "Your works are wonderful. I know that full well."

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day to a great Mom..you have a beautiful family and should be so proud.... Love & miss all of you...

Mammanett said...

Beautiful!

Andy and Sheryl said...

Happy Mother's Day! I miss you bunches!

Grandma & Grandpa said...

Hi there - testing for Gmaw. She is having trouble commenting.

Grandma & Grandpa said...

What a beautiful tribute to your precious children! They are blessed to have you as their Mom. Big hugs to all of you. Love and miss you!

Carmen, Eli, Emmanuel, and Reesie Pooh said...

EA--Happy, Happy Mother's Day! You are such an awesome mama! That EG looks more and more like you everyday. I love what you said about your little ones.

Grandma & Grandpa said...

translated freely that signature means Grandma and Grandpa said.... lol ( Love to all!
Grandma and Grandpa

kacki said...

You are,as always, right on target! Thanks for the sweet reminders of our responsibilities as parents. You are a wonderful mom and a precious woman of God!
Love you.