Sunday, February 7, 2010

Home for a few days

We're back from our retreat. We had a good time but we're really glad to be home. It was fun to see friends but always nice to return to routine and normalcy. EG and Jack both enjoyed swimming in the hot springs fed pools. I have pictures but they're not on my computer now. But here are a few pictures of our kids playing dress up. I think Jack makes a really cute cowboy! Emma Grace sporting the Bob the Builder look:

We are home until Friday and then we head to Thailand for vacation! We'll be staying at a house with our friends John and Alisa for a week. The house has a pool and isn't too far from the beach. We are really looking forward to the HOT weather, lime smoothies, and rest. Alisa and I already have plans to blast the country music while we're swimming in our pool. After a week at the beach, we head to Bangkok for LOTS of medical stuff. We all have dental appointments, check ups, and shots.

We've been talking to Emma Grace a lot about Thailand. Here are a few things she tells us about our trip: She likes to tell us that we are going to eat Thai food in Thailand. Right on, EG. She also likes to tell us that she is going to sit beside Kayleigh on the plane and hold her hand so she doesn't fall in the river. I have no idea where she got that. She also asked us who would be the pilot on our flight. When I told her I didn't know, she said it would be her Dad. Then I told her it had to be someone who knew how to fly airplanes, she then said it would be Xiao Li. Yes Xiao Li is amazing and she can even fly planes!!! Who knew?! Tonight we tried on some dresses for Thailand. She was so excited she wanted to sleep in them. We made her change into PJ's but I imagine this week there will be lots of practice runs in the dresses. It's actually been pretty hot here-upper 70's today I think-so wearing summer dresses is not totally out of place. The weather this year has been so weird, but so lovely.

That's all I've got for now-heading to bed.

3 comments:

Carmen, Eli, Emmanuel, and Reesie Pooh said...

Have a safe trip to Thailand and ENJOY the Weather and your friends :) I hope you take lots of pictures---please include some of you and the hubsters, too. I miss seeing your smile :)

Carmen, Eli, Emmanuel, and Reesie Pooh said...

I forgot to say, as usual, that your kids are adorable--and Jack looks soooo tall. Is he tall for his age?

Mammanett said...

That Xiao Li! she is amazing!