Tuesday, February 22, 2011

30=LOVED

The one word I would use to describe my 30th birthday is LOVED. I felt so loved and celebrated this past weekend! My birthday weekend included a 24 hour getaway with Andy. The best part was getting to have extended time with him, but second to that was not having to take care of a single detail in planning it! Thank you Andy! It also included LOTS AND LOTS of cards from friends and family. Thanks you each of you. I read each one and loved them all. I plan to re read them and tape them to my door and read them for several weeks, just to spread out the love. It also included a surprise party with all our friends here. Andy and Terri, who deserves her own post and will get one soon, did an awesome job and I felt very loved and celebrated. And finally on my actual birthday I got to see this awesome sight: What a gift to be at the beach in 80 degree weather with my two kiddos. The morning of my birthday I read Psalm 139. David speaks of God creating us and intimately designing and knowing us, of him ordaining our number of days before they even began. In response to this he says, "How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast the sum of them! If I would count them, they are more than the sand!"
God's thoughts are precious to David in large part because he knows how precious he is to God. God in all his wisdom and love and in his vast and unsearchable wisdom created David. He planned who he would be, the path he would take and even the number of his days. God loved him intimately. The thing I've learned most, this 30th year of life is to delight in the love of my heavenly father. He is to be loved as a response to his intimate love and care for me. He thoughts are precious to me because they are always for my good, always loving toward me, always kind.
I pray God's thoughts would be more and more precious to me with each passing year. That they would be my treasure and my delight.

2 comments:

Mammanett said...

May your 30th year be the happiest ever!

kacki said...

You truly are loved