Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to each of the Moms and Grandmothers and Great Grandmothers in our lives.  We are grateful for all the ways you have loved and cared for us...thankful for countless selfless moments we don't  remember...moments that you yourself  have even forgotten.  But the Lord himself sees them and remembers and we say thank you for being the most influential people in our lives.  You have shaped and nurtured our hearts by a collection of countless selfless moments that only you and the Lord know about.   We love each of you dearly.

My Mother's Day has been a week long celebration.  EG couldn't wait to give me the homemade card and necklace she made, so I think I opened that on Monday.  The kiddos each had Mother's Day teas at their school, which were  both really special.  I enjoyed spending that time with them and even having a Mommy-Daughter Date afterward with Emma Grace.   Today Andy made a special breakfast and wrote me a really kind card.  He writes the best cards.  This Mother's Day has been delightful and my kids have seemed really grateful for their Mama.  So I am thankful for a sweet time with my family this year.

 But I am sure there will be years when my kids aren't grateful and my hubby will be too busy or preoccupied or we'll be riding the roller coaster of life, just barely hanging on, with no energy to celebrate whatever holiday is in front of us.   And on those Mother's Days and on MOST DAYS OF THE YEAR, I must  look not to their appreciation or recognition of me but to the one who with countless moments of self-sacrificial love gave his all for me.  And now I too can find true life in laying down my own  for my family.  Oh for grace to "not grow weary in doing good" in the lives of these little ones given to me.

My kids are early to bed and I too am headed that way.  Yep, at 6:45pm.   This is one mom's version of getting to sleep in!!! 


3 comments:

Mammanett said...

Hope you enjoy a well deserved sleep. Happy Mother's day. I love you!

Anonymous said...

You express love so eloquently. Happy Mother's Day to you.

Carmen, Eli, Emmanuel, and Reesie Pooh said...

Happy Mother's Day, EA! So glad you got some sweet loving and some REST!