Today we marked a special milestone of independence in this little one's life. I sat in the front yard while she biked around the entire neighborhood by herself for the first time! She can be trusted to stay on the sidewalk and look both ways at each crossing! This was her proud, smiling face upon return.
In some ways it's a small thing, but it represents a step in the process of her independence. She's needing me less and less and can take care of herself more and more. We're slowly launching her out into the world around her. Today it was the neighborhood, tomorrow it will be the world. Though it feels slow, it's all happening so fast. Soon enough she and Jack will be cruising to the Seven-Eleven on their bikes to grab an Icee. (and a fountain coke for their mom!) Before too long, she'll be texting me to tell me what time she plans to get home for dinner. And not too long after that, I'll be playing the role of friend and mentor, rather than authority, as she ventures out into this world as an adult. I pray God would give us the grace to prepare her well for each step of independence.
And I lift my eyes from the daily grind of raising children, what day do I see down the road for my Emma Grace? In no time at all, she, like me will fly from this earth and stand before her Holy, Loving, Just, Gracious Creator God. That day is coming and it's the most important day. Oh, let me keep my eyes on that day, both for her and for me. And give me grace, I pray, to pour out my all, in doing my part to prepare her well for that day.
Emma Grace, if you're ever reading this one day, here's some of that "heart preparation" I am praying for in you:
I'm praying for you to:
RECOGNIZE
your sin, your brokenness and your need
LOVE
his grace
SEE
his sufficiency
REST
TRUST
ABIDE
in who he is and how he loves you!!
3 comments:
The life cycle is simply wonderful. So glad that you are documenting for your little ones!
Beautiful, mama :) You two are blessed to have each other. Love you both!
Hey, sweet friend! I just sat down and got caught up on your amazing life. My kids LOVE seeing your kids in the photos. We love the Huffmans! So grateful that God has blessed you abundantly with friendships and community in Florida...what a gift.
Post a Comment