Well we've had quite a busy week! Emma Grace and I left last Friday for a quick trip to Bangkok for her 4 month shots. We went with Laura and Lydia. We 4 girls had a GREAT time...the shots went as well as shots can go and the food and sunshine were fantastic. It was 90 degrees there! We returned late Sunday night and then left again on Tuesday for a group retreat. Also fun! We went to a hotel that is near some hot springs (fairly common in this part of the country) There were several pools which were filled with hot springs water-which is really comfy when its 50 degrees outside! We went swimming several times. Andy braved the outdoor pool when it was sunny but I stuck to the indoor pool. Strong man Andy in the pool....
The big news for us is Emma Grace's 12 hour nights. She has been going to bed about 7 and getting up at 7! WOOHOO! It's awesome. She only eats four times a day now. At 7, 11, 3 and 7 (I am sure no one but the grandparents will care about these details) It's amazing how far we've come in the last four months. She has changed so much...going from eating 8 times a day to now only 4 times! Here she is bundled up for an afternoon nap. She fell asleep on my shoulder at lunch and we put her down in her hat, bib and all!
My life is a LOT easier these days. Our helper, precious precious Xiao Li also started working for us today. It was sooo nice to have her around and she is amazing with kids. She will indeed be a HUGE blessing for us. I am praising God for her! He knew exactly what we needed and she was so worth the wait. I can't wait for you guys to meet her when you come over! I got my hair cut pretty short today. will try to post a pic soon. I was really tired of it and decided to get it chopped. I think I like it but you can't really ever tell if you like it until you wash it and fix it yourself. Currently it looks pretty bad as she did not style it after she cut it. Unfortunately, my hairdresser is leaving for a year so I am not sure what I'm gonna do from now on...Andy, get those scissors ready! HEHE.
Here are the Huffmans on our retreat, all bundled up!
1 comment:
marv and i finally were able to get to a computer to see the new pics!!! my favorite is the 3 of you! what a beautiful family---i can't wait to see you all live. marv is sad she didn't commit to the trip and will miss out on time with you all. we watched "miracle on 34th st" today. great time while marv is recovering.
we love you all. talk to you soon.
Post a Comment