Thursday, February 28, 2008

Happy Scrappin'




Alisa and I had a great time scrapbooking. We didn't get as much accomplished as we had hoped, but it was really fun and I was reminded how much I need to have some sort of hobby, especially living here in Asia. One of the challenges to our life here is that we have a hard time winding down and finding fun ways to relax. There are movie theaters, but 95% of the movies aren't in English. Our city is not very artsy, so there aren't many conccerts, ballets, musicals, plays, etc. We do live outside the city, but still very close to a city of 5 millionish people, so parks and places like that are very crowded. Plus they are more into buildings, statues, etc for scenic beauty rather than letting nature speak for itself. So it's tough for us find places in nature to just be alone or enjoy the surroundings, etc. So, having a hobby is one fun way I can relax. The nice thing about scrapbooking is that I can do it and still hold a conversation! So, Alisa and I got to talk about everything from feeding schedules for kids, to "if we could fly to america for one day and shop in one store only, which one would it be and why." We both deicded Walmart. I mean, where else can you get fun scrapbooking stuff, Kraft Cucumber Ranch and your hubby's special deodorant all in one place?!


As you can tell, 2 years later I am still working on the wedding scrapbook! HEHE, good things just take time, I guess!

2 comments:

Mammanett said...

Nice looking couple!! You did a great job!

Vickie said...

You page looks great! Of course, with 2 such lovely people, so obviously in love with each other, it would be hard to NOT have a great page! Glad you enjoyed your "break"! I think you're right, every woman, no matter where she lives, needs some kind of creative outlet to retreat to when she needs time to rest, recuperate and recharge!
Love Ya!
Vickie