My days of sitting in a dark room are over. Now during Eg's naps I can sit by the pool, from which I can see our room, or read a book on the porch of our one room cottage! Yipee! The Huffmans arrived in lazy koh Samui (an island off of thailand) around lunch today. After an afternoon nap, we had a mid afternoon meal at "billabong sport's bar" (I had chicken fingers and andy had a burger) Then we headed for the pool, which is the perfect temperature for a dip and then a walk on the beach. EG's third nap just ended and we are out walking around the little town of Bophut, which is home to our little family friendly hotel. We just ate a banana pancake, which isn't what you imagine. It's a lightly fried dough with banana and butter in the middle-drizzled with warm sweetened condensed milk. it's gonna be a good week.
I finished the book Marley and Me. This dog was truly the world's worst and believe it or not, reading it, though he caused tons of grief for his owners, made me want a dog. I told Andy once that normal people love dogs and watch TV. (About 7 yeas ago, I profoessionally self diagnosed myself as not normal on the basis of this criteria) When I was in college I never watched TV-I was always too busy to bother. I do think that a lot of TV is trash and a total waste of time, but I also think that not being able to sit down and watch TV is a sign of some serious dysfunction. I mean, if you can't let go of all the thousands of tasks that never seem to get done and just relax and enjoy a little mindless entertainment, you might want to ask yourself what's wrong. And about dogs-dog lovers are sentimental and caring and are able to enjoy the simple pleasures of life with man's best friend. To hate dogs (which I did for a long time) is a sign of a cold heart. (ok, that's extreme) Anyway, I was totally in the No TV watching (not out of principle just out of dysfunction) no dog loving camp until I married my UBER-normal best friend, Andy! One of the many wonderful ways he has changed me is to lead me to a love of "King of Queens" and slowly but surely, to not only accept those four-legged fur balls, but to love them and even want one of my own. Now, who knows for sure if it will work out for us to have a dog in our current situation, the jury's still out. But, I am thankful for the relief I feel knowing that my heart is opened to TV and dogs-I am NORMAL now!
Here's to 2008-my first year as a normal person. I think I'll go on vacation and celebrate.
1 comment:
wow - so that is what it takes to be normal?! Loved your blog today! Have a wonderful vacation & kiss the fam for me!
Post a Comment