Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Out of Town Update

Howdy! We are doing well and enjoying some time away from home and the normal routine. We are staying at some freinds' home who have a small fenced in back yard so today EG and I sat out on the grass for a while and played. True to form, Emma Grace tried to eat the grass and leaves. I think I mananged to keep most of it out of her mouth, but I can never really be sure. We've gotten to visit with some friends here and have eaten a lot of western food and some really yummy local food as well. Emma Grace and I made a run to starbucks yesterday and I had a caramel macchiato and she and I split a blueberry muffin-she loved it! We might head back tomorrow! The past two evenings Andy and I have watched the BBC series, Planet Earth, which is just fascinating! You should check it out! It's amazing what's on this earth. I hate when they show little baby animals being hunted though-that's the worst.
I also wanted to let you know that I am 3 for 2 on my napping goal. Meaning I've mananged to take 3 naps in 2 days! I am more indigenous than the locals! Hopefully I can remember to get the batteries out of the sound machine (thanks Tim-we love that thing!) tomorrow morning and put them in the camera so I can take some pictures for you to see what we are up to! Well, hope you are doing well!

2 comments:

Marianne B Dean said...

Glad you guys are enjoying the Millers' place--I LOVE their apartment! What I wouldn't do for a backyard. How perfect, too, that they already have a crib so you didn't even have to bring the pack n play! Anyway, we miss ya'll and wish we were up there too this week. Instead we are here in town, and I have absolutely no motivation to do anything. Sigh. :)

kacki said...

When Andy was little the "sleep machine" was our lifesaver---that kid was NOTHING like EG in the sleep dept. Glad that it is working great for you all.
Check your email today, I will send you the link to Mary's senior pics.
andy by the way, let me know how the "ruffage" Eg is eating is working out.....
Love you!