We are back home and so glad to be sleeping in our own bed! There's nothing like your own bed and your own pillow. Well, actually I am having some pillow trouble these days. First of all, I like really flat pillows. I got on a little spring cleaning kick a few weeks back and decided to wash the pillows (I am convinced my mom washed ours in the washer when we were little but andy says that people don't do that) But my favorite really flat pillow didn't fair so well in the wash and I had to find a new one....trouble is, out of the 8 pillows in our house, not another one is flat enough for my liking! So though I was so happy to lay down in my own bed when we got back, it didn't bring the full enjoyment it normally does because I was lying on a fat fluffy make-my-neck hurt pillow. But I am thankful to be home, nonetheless! So mom, is it true that you washed the pillows in the washer when we were little?
It's nice to be home but we also enjoyed our time away as well. Got to eat some yummy food, visit with some neat friends, and do some resting-I enended the week 7 out of 5...meaning I managed 7 naps in 5 days! Pretty good, huh? I'm going be Asian before you know it! Ate at a Mediterrean Resturant, Del Mar, which was fun. Andy and I left EG with some friends and enjoyed a date there. We both noted how nice it was to "linger" after dinner and talk-our lingering days are mostly over-when eating with EG we usually scarf down our food and try to keep her entertained at the same time. We often are in and our of resturants in less than 30 minutes! We had one meal we had to abandon this week, as Emma Grace just lost it! Oh well, we all have those days I guess! But we wouldn't trade it, that's for sure!
Emma Grace is doing pretty good...she is teething so that makes her a little fussy these days. But we have lots of Orajel and Infant Tylenol so we're managing! She is currently sitting by her basket of toys, having squirmed her way across the living room to get there. Still no "crawling" per se, but some definite movement going on!
It's cold and rainy today, great weather for sweatpants and staying inside! ok, pictures to come later this week!
2 comments:
You know - I do believe I tried to wash pillows & you very well may have been the guinea pig who had to sleep on them!! Sometimes you hope that your kids don't remember everything you do!! :)
I remember doing the very quick restaraunt visits--those were the times we called the our kids "restaraunt terrorists". You order the food and they are very happy, but by the time or even before it arrives, the mood has definitely changed !!
This too shall pass---at least at this Huffman household the time will come when they want to know "where we are going to dinner" vs "what we are having for dinner".
Post a Comment