Saturday, January 31, 2009

Indiana Jesus????

Emma Grace is talking about everything these days! She's super sharp and picks up on way more than I would expect! We've spent the last year and a half talking to her and it's fun that she's now talking back to us! One thing we try to talk to her about as often as possible is Jesus. We read the Bible and sing songs and pray together. After a year of seeking to share with Emma Grace the greatness of Jesus, she's started to talk about him herself. She mentions his name from time to time and even knows that Jesus and God somehow go together. But we still have some work to do on her theology. This week she found a video tape in our house and upon looking at the picture said, "JESUS!!!!" "No honey, that's not Jesus. Do you know who that is?" Then she said, "DADDY!" So it's evident we need to sort out the difference between Daddy, Indiana, and Jesus. Andy, however, is enjoying the fact that his daughter thinks he's a muscular tan whip-toting hero. Actually his nickname as a child was "Indy Andy" because he was so obsessed with this guy! He had the whole outfit and even toted a whip, which he once used to swing from one of his mother's standing lamps. That didn't go well and his whip toting days ended abruptly!



She's also confused Jesus for a woman on our colonial print bathroom wallpaper as well as the Panera Bread lady. Though I'm thrilled that Jesus is on her radar, I am also reminded that we need God's spirit to open our eyes to see who Jesus really is. I pray that God will use our meager efforts in her life to open her eyes to the WONDER of her Savior! Will you pray for that as well?
In other news, Jack is just precious. He's a super sweet, quiet, smiley little man and I love love love him!
As you can tell I'm getting close to falling off the blogging bandwagon. But this is my attempt to stay on. Pictures to come soon!

3 comments:

Paula said...

I love that Jesus could be so many people. We probably won't know until we meet our maker. Glad ya'll are doing okay.

Marianne B Dean said...

My favorite part of this post is when she thought Indy was Daddy!! Oh, Andy's ego must be glowing with pride to know his little girl equates him with Indiana Jones!!

Mammanett said...

hee hee - go EA!