Monday, February 23, 2009

Ode to My Father in Law!

Waiting on some pictures from Mary before I post more about my bday! In the meantime, I thought I would take this opportunity to announce to all of cyberspace that I have the best Father-in-Law a girl could ask for!

Tim Huffman is one cool dude and he's my Father-in-law! I've been so blessed by our time in America and especially by the love our families have shown to us. Tim is among those who have absolutely "loved our socks off!" From playing the guitar for EG so she could churn the butter, cooking delicious meals, to getting in the TePee with EG and dropping by with a box of Cinnamon Bagels on a snowy day-he's been such a means of God's love to us!

He's extremely thoughtful. Here are two examples of ways he's really cared for me. He enjoys reading our blog and really encourages me regarding my writing. One day he told me that my writing reminds him of one of his childhood favorite authors, O. Henry. The next day he went out and bought a book of short stories by O. Henry for me! I don't think my writing is anything to compare with O. Henry, but how thoughtful of Tim to do that for me!

And just today, he sent me a magazine that had an article about Dutch Ovens in it. Tim is a Master Chef and I've been picking his brain about the best kind of Dutch Oven to get. It's on my kitchen wish list and my bday money is burning a hole in my pocket! After we discussed all the options-stone wear verses cast iron, etc.-he found an article in one of his cooking magazines and sent it over to me! How thoughtful. The article sealed my decision-going with the cast iron. Thankfully I can get one in China in a nearby city. You can just imagine the look on Andy's face when I first told him I wanted to carry a cast iron dutch oven on the plane!

So here's to Tim-a thoughtful, kind, wearer of cool glasses, make me gain a lot of weight with his cooking, man of God and the best Father-in-law I could ask for! Tim, You Rock! Love, EA

2 comments:

Mammanett said...

And I must agree - Tim is great Chef (and a very nice guy:)

Patt said...

And Tim is a very luck father-in-law to have you! What a wonderful tribute - you've sealed your place in Tim's heart now although it appears you already had! We love your blog too! Patt