I'm back from my Mom's retreat and it was FABULOUS. I was praying this past week for our time and God really answered my prayers. I had sweet sweet fellowship with friends, going to new levels in our relationships, great teaching from God's word about hope and faith and God's love for us. Great teaching on loving my man. I had a great, long, uninterrupted, no clock ticking time with the Lord. I had A LOT of coffee. That's because I didn't have much sleep. (10 hours total. hehe) It was just too tempting to stay up and talk with friends. After I finally decided to go to bed, my roommate and I talked for a couple MORE hours before finally falling asleep. So, much coffee was in order. I decided to skip out on the pedicure since I was in desperate need of a nap Saturday afternoon. But since I had already consumed so much coffee, I could not sleep. So I watched TV. That was amazing too. I had not watched TV since we lived in America. I watched this fascinating program on the National Geographic channel about Landfills in America. I was so proud to be an American. I mean, we produce a lot of trash, but we have a pretty amazing system of recycling and putting it into landfills. Americans do a lot of things with excellence. Amazing. (Especially amazing considering that we live beisde this construction site where they dump garbage at night...pretty sure it's illegal and also pretty sure our apartment complex is built on top of a garbage dump.) Ok, that is random. Back to the Mom's retreat...
I told Andy last night that this retreat will be one I will remember for a long time. From the topics the speakers choose, to the topics of conversation with friends, I can so clearly see how God was in charge of the time. He is so sweet. I've been thinking lately about his goodness. This weekend was a great reminder of that.
Andy and the kiddos had a good weekend too! Andy was a real servant to me this weekend and to our kids. They were happy I was home and I was excited to see them and to give them the gifts I bought for them! I got Jack some really cute slipper/sock things-now that he's walking 20ish steps at a time, I figured he needs some house slippers for the approaching COLD. I got EG some cute socks and some brown winter boots. She loved them.
So fun. Thanks for praying for us.
2 comments:
God is good! Glad you had a good time.
There is nothing like those sweet times with the Lord and the times He gives us with precious friends.Love you
Post a Comment