Monday, September 27, 2010

A normal day

In some ways our days here look a lot like what they did in China. We eat meals and snacks, we read, some of us sleep, we play with dirty pond water, visit neighbors, have room time, etc. But there are other ways in which our days are very different. EG goes to preschool now, and for the most part doesn't take naps. I have to remember things like having her wear a blue shirt for blue day. I am so not good at this school thing. I pack lunches everyday. We have a dishwasher. We check mail in our van, we drive to get our milk, and we drive to fun places like parks and Chuck E Cheese IN A MINIVAN!

Today was for the most part a day just like a day in China, a day that felt normal. I had my kids with me all day. I did laundry all day-so China. No grocery store, no school today so I wasn't stressed out by the grocery store or forgetting EG's school folder. We visited neighbors in our complex, picked up treasures of sticks and leaves and berries for an hour this morning. Had naps and snacks and baths and roomtime. It was one of the first days that I've felt normal here. I know eventually all the new will feel normal as well, but for now our low key life in China is still my norm.
Here a few pictures from our normal day. Jack playing with cars. He is crazy about cars and any mode of transportation these days. He makes car noises all the time and pretends his fork is a train heading into his mouth. Here's EG organizing her kitchen. This girl is a great organizer! I am pretty sure she will gain the title of Huffman family laundry sorter in the near future. She is very into sorting and having things in order.

Great job Emma Grace!

5 comments:

Mammanett said...

Love me some grandies!

Mammanett said...

I can just hear Jack making the train noises. EG is much like her mom - organized!

kacki said...

Tell EG that her Poopaw has a chef hat just like hers! Wish we were there to enjoy some special time cooking and playing cars with the kids. We love and miss you all

Jeremy and Anita said...

Hey Huffmans! What precious pics - they make us miss you more. Thanks for keeping us updated on your lives! Thinking about you and praying for y'all as you continue to transition to life in America. Keep in touch. Love, the Smiths

Unknown said...

Hey guys!
This is Graham :P We miss yall! what is your email address (or addresses)?