Thursday, October 28, 2010

Our first family pumpkin

Andy and I have carved many together over the years sans kids. This year we were excited to have the kids join in the fun. Except they didn't. Jack lost interest immediately, due to a lollipop offer from a neighbor and EG lost interest when she discovered scooping out the guts was part of the "fun." She had no interest in getting her hands yucky. So Andy, following in the footsteps of his dad, completed the lonely task of cleaning out and carving the pumpkin. Once fire was introduced the interest level went back up! The highlight of the evening was feeding the guts to the massive catfish in the pond. Happy first pumpkin carving for the Huffmans!

4 comments:

Paul said...

nothing like a little fire to add back excitement - good looking threesome too.

kacki said...

What a precious time!! Does Andy remember losing interest? I sure have great memories of all the fun!! Wish I was there to see the kids all dressed up in their "finery" or to go trick or treating with them!! I am so happy you all are back in America!!

Mammanett said...

Great job Andy!! I'm with Jack & EG - lollipops are too good to pass up and who wants all that yucky on their hands? Happy Halloween to the Huffmans!! Love the pic!!

Carmen, Eli, Emmanuel, and Reesie Pooh said...

Looks like so much fun! You guys are sooo busy! I am thinking of you and praying for you.