Cowboy up: (from the urban dictionary)
When faced with a hard chore, it's a shift in attitude from "can't" to a positive "can-do" with confidence and a non-complaining spirit that becomes contagious. Used in a sentence: Halfway through a hot day of hauling hay you might tell yourself or your buddy to "c'mon, cow-boy up." and thereby keep your work and your attitude from going south.
I personally was introduced to this phrase in China. When presented with unfamiliar and rather unsavory Chinese delicacies and under obligation to eat them due to position as guest of honor, one must "cowboy up" and use every ounce of sheer will power to swallow said delicacy.
Today I am not hauling hay or eating pig's brain, but I am however faced with my own "cowboy up" situation:

Yep, it's time for potty training. And it is truly taking every thing I've got to press on in this task. We're on attempt number ....I'm not even sure...but this time there's no turning back. We've had a week of mild successes-and only under the constant watchful eye of this mother bird. To date, Jack shows no interest in anything other than playing and pooping on himself, as not to disrupt the flow of play.
We (parents) have lots of motivation though. Diapers are expensive and he's about to bust out of the largest size they make. I did consider Depends. We have a new diaper wearer on the way. I can't imagine potty training and caring for a newborn would help with my sanity. And he can't go to preschool in the fall if he's not potty trained. So Andy and I are finally and officially making the plunge. I've avoided it as long as possible, as Emma Grace was so difficult for me to potty train and Jack has shown no interest. Maybe I'm the reason it's not going well? I'm 0-2 in smooth potty training.
I'm armed with a timer, a sticker chart which leads to Chuck E Cheese, and Diego Pull ups. It's time to Cowboy Up, Ya'll.
When faced with a hard chore, it's a shift in attitude from "can't" to a positive "can-do" with confidence and a non-complaining spirit that becomes contagious. Used in a sentence: Halfway through a hot day of hauling hay you might tell yourself or your buddy to "c'mon, cow-boy up." and thereby keep your work and your attitude from going south.
I personally was introduced to this phrase in China. When presented with unfamiliar and rather unsavory Chinese delicacies and under obligation to eat them due to position as guest of honor, one must "cowboy up" and use every ounce of sheer will power to swallow said delicacy.
Today I am not hauling hay or eating pig's brain, but I am however faced with my own "cowboy up" situation:
Yep, it's time for potty training. And it is truly taking every thing I've got to press on in this task. We're on attempt number ....I'm not even sure...but this time there's no turning back. We've had a week of mild successes-and only under the constant watchful eye of this mother bird. To date, Jack shows no interest in anything other than playing and pooping on himself, as not to disrupt the flow of play.
We (parents) have lots of motivation though. Diapers are expensive and he's about to bust out of the largest size they make. I did consider Depends. We have a new diaper wearer on the way. I can't imagine potty training and caring for a newborn would help with my sanity. And he can't go to preschool in the fall if he's not potty trained. So Andy and I are finally and officially making the plunge. I've avoided it as long as possible, as Emma Grace was so difficult for me to potty train and Jack has shown no interest. Maybe I'm the reason it's not going well? I'm 0-2 in smooth potty training.
I'm armed with a timer, a sticker chart which leads to Chuck E Cheese, and Diego Pull ups. It's time to Cowboy Up, Ya'll.
5 comments:
This is awesome! I love you! Praying that Jack will love the potty!
U can do it!! That is THE most adorable picture. It's going on my desktop right now!
Good luck girl! We had 3 in diapers for a while and it was expensive and exhausting!
Try M&M's! That worked for Cali:)
Good luck! You can do it!!! A most precious picture!!!
Hi sister! This picture is priceless and gave me a smile tonight!
Post a Comment