Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter Morning





There's a lot about Easter I do love. Maybe the egg dying thing will grow on me (as my little ones grow!) ?? But what I do love about Easter is talking with my kiddos about the meaning of this holiday and pondering it myself. I know my heart won't ever fully grasp the meaning of Christ's death and resurrection, but I am thankful for a time set apart to focus my attention on it. We all enjoyed coloring empty tombs while eating candy and cinnamon rolls in celebration. After our "praise parade" where we danced around the house with crazy celebration music on, and while I was serving up empty tomb cinnamon rolls, EG proclaimed that "this is the best holiday in the whole world!" It's true...with or without the sugar binge! Oh, that each year my heart would more fully understand why! Praise to the Risen King who has defeated sin's power in our hearts and who gives us new life!

1 comment:

Mammanett said...

Sounds like a wonderful celebration!