Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Look Closely!

At first glance did you notice that Jack is the one wearing pink boots and that EG has on the cape?  Yep, this afternoon they decided to "switch!"  It was hilarious to watch them plan out the outfits.  They went to great detail to make sure Dad would be fooled.  Jack, who is dressed as grapes has plenty of jewelry and long hair and even lip gloss in his pocket!  And Grapes, dressed as Jack, made sure to pull her hair back so Daddy wouldn't see her long locks and catch on.    I played along and dressed up as Andy and we decided we'd have a switch dinner!

They were so excited about fooling Andy and my FAVORITE moment came when EG wiped Jack's dirty face with a wet rag and told me that he needed to have a clean face because, "I always like to be clean!"  So true. Emma Grace is neat and clean.  And then she carefully instructed Jack not to whine at the dinner table.  (We are in a stage where Jack whines through most of dinner and he often misses dessert because he won't eat what we serve him. Though we have other areas to work on with Grapes, dinner is not one of them...she eats what we serve her without any push back and happily eats her dessert while Jack is being coaxed into his first bite!  We've tried timers and threats of withheld dessert and encouragement with him...nothing seems to work yet) Sharp little Emma Grace knew that if Jack did his normal whining at the table, their little scheme would be discovered! 

What a fun little afternoon adventure! 

4 comments:

kacki said...

I was fooled!!! I really want to see Andy dressed as you, EA!
what a great day you all had!

Mammanett said...

I was fooled!! That was one cool idea! You guys are so fun.

gmawchick said...

Fooled me! What a hoot! You guys are something else.....so much fun! Love you all!

Carmen, Eli, Emmanuel, and Reesie Pooh said...

I love this! Your family is so fun.