A friend sent me a text message confessing something from her past that she felt ashamed of, weary of how I would react. I replied with my own confession that made her laugh heartily, as it was even worse than hers. We decided we could have a lot of fun with these texting confessions... a sort of "I'll see that and raise you one" confession poker.
Seriously, .it's not funny the ways we fall short of God's glory in our lives, but it's so freeing to just get it out there. And I love the freedom that comes in being real with those in our lives who offer complete acceptance and grace...cause that's what it's all about.
Thankful for this bold and courageous friend and her honesty. Thankful for her tenacious clinging to the gospel of grace and how she challenges me to do the same. Thankful for the growing friendship she and I have based on the gospel which levels us all at the cross and pronounces that we are beloved, accepted, forgiven, unashamed. Jesus Christ is just unbelievable.
A funny note is that the first time I talked to her it was because my son punched her daughter in the face...didn't think we'd be friends after that....little did I know!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment