Wednesday, April 30, 2014

GRATITUDE 124 An Eye for Beauty and Grace for this Mama

We are image bearers, each uniquely mirroring our heavenly Father in ways that show his character to the world around us.  Today I am thankful for the way my Emma Grace bears God's image.  She, like her Father has an eye for beauty that amazes me.  She has a drive to create beauty, just like her Father in heaven.




Thankful today for the grace to embrace this gift.  To be honest, there are times when creating beauty is the last thing on my agenda...I have dinner to make and poopy bottoms to wipe and a five year old boy to keep alive, so stopping to make an archway isn't exactly what I "want" to do....but when I take the time the embrace her gifts and nurture them, her love cup is filled and I am blessed as I see the way she bears God's image.  So today I am thankful that God gave me grace to stop and create with Emma Grace, when what I really wanted to do was check off my "to-do" list.  Grace upon grace....everything is by his grace.

1 comment:

Mammanette said...

Oh Emma Grace, you truly have my heart! I love that you see and love beauty and nature. Please help me build an arch the next time you visit. PS, I planted morning glory's for you again this summer. I have plants for each of the grandchildren. When I water them, I pray for each child. (a lesson I learned from your mom and her coffee cup prayers).