Before coming home to America, I was on the fence about whether or not to keep up our blog. We started it for our families who were so far away. Both our friends in China and our families here have encouraged us to keep blogging. And just the other day Andy and I were trying to remember where we went on one of our anniversary trips. Neither of us could remember but we were comforted by the fact that we could look back on the blog and figure it out. So, I've decided it's worth the time and effort to keep it up for our US family and friends who are still somewhat far and our Asian/ex-pat friends who are now really far away and also just for us. For recording the big details of today that will be almost forgotten memories a few years from now.
Now that I have my computer back up and running and we have Internet in our home, hopefully we'll get back to normal on the blog.
What have we been up to since we fell off the blogosphere? Mostly just settling in to our new life here in Sunny Florida. Everything is new to us-a new routine, new (to us) cars, new grocery stores, new church, new faces who will hopefully soon be friends, new house, new foods, especially for the kids. The other day EG asked me why there were so many American flags here.
Her favorite thing about America, she told me, is the pool. This girl is a fish.
Jack mostly just raids people's bags and finds stuff to throw in the pool. Toys, sunscreen, bark...watch out for your cell phone.

Jack and EG certainly haven't forgotten our life there! Check them out imitating the K's!
One thing that's surprised us about where we are living is many people here speak something other than "Anglish" as their first language. We expected to hear lots of Spanish, which EG has been asking to learn. But we've been surprised by how international this city is! We hear french, Creole, Vietnamese, some Chinese, and lots of Spanish. One day in Walmart a few weeks ago, I noticed that I was in the minority, being an Anglish speaker.
I am entering the world of couponing. America grocery bill=expensive! This week I bought the Spanish Sunday paper since all three stores I went to were out of the Anglish ones. Looks like it's pollo for us this week. Maybe I'll learn a little Spanish this way.
In all seriousness, thank you so much for your prayers for us throughout this transition. We need them so much. We are just starting to settle down and enter the "life" phase of this process. Please continue to pray for us, especially for God's peace to rule our hearts and our family as we continue to learn a new life here.
11 comments:
Oh EA, I miss you! Welcome back to the States! Maybe I'll see you again one of these days...I know our kids would have a blast together, especially at the pool! =) Check out www.southernsavers.com for the most efficient "extreme couponing" site out there! It's my favorite and such a blessing to our budget!
Yea! Glad you decided to blog! Love the new background - perfect!
I had almost given up hope of ever reading your blog again! I was pleasantly surprised today when I checked your blog to see a brand new entry! Yay! More Huff news!
Love you guys and love that we can keep track of your goings-on!
I want you to keep blogging! That pic of your kids imitating our family on a dian dong is awesome. can't wait to show my kiddos :)
So, so glad to see you back to blogging! Good luck getting readjusted to America. I am a coupon NUT! I have even taken a class. Definitely check out southernsavers but also check on your local newspapers site and see if they have anyone who writes up about deals or anything
Thank you so much for keeping writing blog! I love to read it. And will begin to comment,heehee. I love the picture of EG and Jack imitating the K's!
I'd go with the blog -- you have fans
Hey, so glad to see you back... we've missed the Huff news..it's worth your time for all of us who love & follow you and your family.
Love to all..
EA - good to see you're back to blogging. Florida looks wonderful. Hope you make lots of new friends soon! Patt
So glad you're going to blog. I use mine as a scrapbook for my kids since I don't do baby books or journals or anything. Everytime I get sad about moving, I think about you. We're at least still in the same state with familiar people. Praying for you guys and your transition.
TO BLOG, already! I miss your posts! What are the huff-nimbusheads up to?! Love you all, mean it!
Post a Comment