Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

This year for Thanksgiving we headed to Tallahassee to see my Uncle Gary, his sister Patt and my cousin Alan. We had a really great time. We did the whole spread and the Johnson's made a delicious turkey and stuffing! I made Andy's mom's sweet potato casserole, our favorite mac n' cheese, deviled eggs, a pumpkin pie and a pecan pie. We also had mashed potatoes and gravy, cranberry sauce, and lima beans. YUM YUM. We ate lots and kept eating lots they whole time we were there! Tallahassee has much more of a NC feel to it. It has hills and actually had fall leaves! It was so fun to walk through Garry's neighborhood and enjoy the cool weather and beautiful leaves. We actually made a wreath from some vines and greenery in Gary's yard. We all got into it! EG and Jack helped pick some fun things out for it, as well as Patt and Andy! Look at all the colors we found in his yard!

My Granny Lib taught me how to make wreaths from vines when I was in middle school. She also taught me how to weave a basket! Fun!

Hilarious story-When we got there I realized that I had forgotten to pack EG's shoes, a warm sweater for her or socks. I sent Andy to walmart to buy some supplies. While he was gone I unpacked the backpack she had packed for herself. I assumed it was just toys. Guess what else she had packed??? SHOES, two sweaters and a WREATH HANGER!!!!! Hilarious. After we made the wreath we were laughing about how prepared our little Emma Grace is-she even thought to bring a wreath hanger!!! I called Andy and told him and he took back everything he had bought but the socks. Way to go future girl scout!
We also had a really fun time watching football-a really treat for Andy since we don't have cable! And the kids enjoyed the Disney Channel. I enjoyed having them watch it too. We also helped Garry decorate for Christmas!


Emma Grace really warmed up to Garry!



What a sweet gift to be with family this year for Thanksgiving! Thanks to Garry for hosting us!!!!


1 comment:

Mammanett said...

Looks like fun. Your wreath is great. Good job packing EG