Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A stirring in our hearts for Heaven


There are moments when I am amazed at God' work in my children's hearts. This week was one of them. While playing outside EG told me, "Mom, there's nothing I want to do here. I don't even want to play with Sarah and Colin. All I want to do is go to heaven and see God. I really want to go right now. Everything here is stupid. I want to climb up in a tree and fly right up to heaven and see God."

Emma Grace, I am right there with you, sweet one. Things here are not OK, and even a four year old can see that. Sin rages in our hearts, our world is fallen and broken. People get cancer and die. Marriages fall apart. Buildings collapse. We were made for so much more. We were made for a world where righteousness rules in our hearts and people love God and each other. A world where there is no death and no pain. EG, you are right, things here are stupid. Yes, we get glimpses of the goodness we were meant for and we savor and enjoy them. But our hearts know things aren't right. We were meant to be with God, all the time, and to be in perfect relationship with him and others.

She and I prayed and lay on a blanket in the grass and "looked to heaven." She sang a little song she made up about climbing a tree and going to heaven. And we read this passage from the Jesus storybook Bible.


Even my four year old feels in her heart that we were made for this. Come quickly Jesus.

3 comments:

Mammanett said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mammanett said...

Precious, precious Emma Grace. I have never known a child with so much wisdom at such a young age. Possibly my children did, but I honestly don't remember. (I wish i had kept a blog- EA, you are going to be so happy that you did!). I agree, someday's are simply stupid!! However, there are many, many more days that are magical. Those day's when the clouds create animals in the sky, or the times when the ocean rolls over our toes. To know the unconditional love of a dog, not to mention the love of our children and grandchildren is the best. On those days... I praise the Lord for allowing us to be here to feel the magic. Emma Grace, I wish for you many, many magical days and few stupid ones. :)

Andy and Sheryl said...

Wow! What wisdom from EG. And what a blessing that she gets it! This is really special.