Tuesday, September 3, 2013

my little words

I've missed writing them and processing life as I write them, so I'm back....Yipee!!!  Actually the break from my blog was really good for me.  I thought a lot about how we are a people of communication.  We need to "tell" our lives, most of all with those we live in intimate community with.  But we were made to tell our stories  in general,  I think,  because they speak of a greater story going on.  A story you and I are a part of that, as the Bible teaches us, is beyond our wildest hopes and dreams.  All those deep longings in our hearts, they are actually for things that we were made for....just not fully yet.  And in our stories we get glimpses of that. So I am back to tell my little story and hopefully keep pointing to the one who is writing my story in a way I would have never planned

First up:  FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!



Sending my Grapey Girl to public school (which by the way is literally a stone's throw from my house) was HARD for me.  Mainly because it had been a long time dream of mine to home school my little ones.  But, as we prayed and asked for wisdom, THIS little school seemed to be the best fit!  My prayer for my little one is that Christ  would have her heart and we would still be able to nuture her  to know and love the Lord even as we give much of her day to others!   So far she's doing well and I am GRATEFUL.  So very grateful! Jack and Judah love walking her (and a gaggle of other girls from our street) to school each day.

I'm looking forward to volunteering and walking out this journey as a mom of public school kiddos!!!

2 comments:

Andy and Sheryl said...

Yippee!!! You're back!!!!!! Now, I might take a break from my blog, sit back and enjoy yours :) Love you friend and way to go EG!

Mammanette said...

Let the journey begin!! EG you look so grown up.
(Love that dress and jean jacket ;)
Great pic of the three kids, they look so happy.
I am glad you are blogging again, I will be checking in on you daily.
Love you!
Mom