This summer God provided an AMAZING opportunity for Emma Grace. Under normal circumstances, we can't afford things like summer camp. Two hundred dollars a week just doesn't fit into our budget. But I was looking for something for her since I knew she needed the structure of camp to help her thrive during the summer. I am not sure if I actually prayed about it or not. (I am slowly learning to ask my heavenly Father for the things I need rather than trying to work them out in my own strength) But me not asking did not stop him from responding to this need.
My friend Sarah runs a small Christian summer camp with rotating teachers and classes. They offer everything from ballet camp to baking and lego camp! She suggested I apply to work at the camp which would give me a discount on Emma Grace's tuition as well as provide a salary which I could apply to the remaining cost of EG's tuition. After a lot of paper work, fingerprinting, drug tests, and trainings, I was hired! On top of providing a financially viable option for our family, there are so many other ways in which the situation has been a blessing to our family!! Here are a few for which I am very thankful. Oh how kind our Father is!!
1. I get to connect with Sarah almost daily and deepen a friendship that I really value.
2. The teachers at camp L O V E my Emma Grace. There is one teacher in particular who has a special affection for my girl. So awesome that God is showering my girlie with love throughout the day.
3. It's small. Which is perfect for a little one who could easily be overwhelmed by a massive camp.
4. It's fun. I mean REALLY fun. She's engaged , learning, and exploring.
5. I got to teach there which was really good for my creative bones to get some exercise.
6. Jack even gets to go a few weeks of the summer and during the other weeks, he's getting intentional time with his mama.
7. I am confident that these teachers are protecting my child, loving them well, and shepherding their hearts toward Christ. That does a mama's heart good.
8. Sarah does things like call me just to let me know how things are going and send pictures throughout the day.
God just decided to heap blessing upon blessing on our little family through this camp. We are thankful.
Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good. His steadfast love endures forever.



1 comment:
I'm doing a happy dance!
http://wemovetogether.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/snoopy_happy_dance.jpg
Post a Comment