Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Settled In

We are pretty much settled into life here. Andy and I just got back from an over night planning "retreat." Basically, it was just a time for us to get away and make some plans for the upcoming months and get ready for when things crank up in the next few weeks. It's always good to get away and reflect on what God has done in our family over the past few months and what we hope and pray he will do in the future. We stayed at a nearby hotel which has a not so western "western dinner." It was ok at best, but the rooms are comfy and have heat, a rarity here! Xiao Li and her hubby Ah Xin stayed here with Emma Grace. This is the second time we have left her overnight and she did really well. I think we're the ones who have the hardest time!

It's beef enchiladas for dinner tonight and chicken parmesan tomorrow night. Then Thursday is my birthday so Andy is planning a little something! I got a call from a freind today, who will remain anonymous, who informed me that my brithday is tomorrow, the 20th. For some reason, most of my college friends think my birthday is on the 20th and one year so many of them sent me e cards on the 20th that I got really confused and concerned and for a little bit thought I had lost my mind and forgotten my own birthday. Good thing I had the trusty birth certificate handy! So once again, my dear friends are trying unintentionally to convince me I am losing my mind again this year! So happy birthday to me, today and tomorrow and the next day!

2 comments:

Mammanett said...

Well - I have to admit - in order to get an email to you on your birthday (which as you know is not the same "day" as ours -) I feel like I have to send it early - so if you get an email from me early - that just means I don't really don't know what day of the week it is :) HAPPY DAY TO YOU (WHATEVER DAY IT MIGHT BE)

kacki said...

Tim and i have been thinking about you and your happy birthday!!
we love you and wish we could be there with you to celebrate!! Have a great day -- we will contine to try to reach you!!