Friday, April 11, 2008

trip to Bangkok

We are back from Bangkok and have great news! Emma Grace officially has no kidney/urinary tract problems! We are thrilled for that news and also really happy to be home. Traveling with a baby in the "New York of the East" is not really fun-nor convenient-they certainly didn't have our hoopty stroller in mind when they designed the sidewalks! We had some fun family time and Andy got to see a movie, which he loves to do. I had my share of starbucks and 3 fresh squeezed lemonades and homemade pretzels from Auntie Anne's! Here are a few highlights via pictures...

My highlight of the trip was putting Emma Grace in all her really cute 12 months summer outfits. I was wondeirng if she would have a chance to wear them but the 90+ degree weather gave us plenty of opportunity! (We actually returned to 80 degree weather here so it looks like she will have a few more chances!)

Thanks to Aunt Katie H for this cute outfit


Some of the books I've read on parenting say you should take the paci away after the first few months-the theory is that their sucking needs have passed after a few months and you want to take it away before they get attached. I couldn't disagree more... Let's just say I am hoping she has this thing til she's five! I can see the reasoning behind it, but man, a paci is a really nice thing to have in hand while on a 3 hour, after her bedtime flight! She loves it and also loves to play a game where she puts in my mouth and then tries to steal it back from me! We usually only give it to her at night and at naps but a trip out of town is a special occasion and we need all the help we can get in keeping things under control.

Our main purpose for going all the way to Thailand....the amazing hospital. BUMRUNGRAD. Asian prices meets state of the art medical facilities and Harvard trained doctors! What more can you ask for in a hospital? The only thing i can think of is a Starbucks and they have one. This picture was taken the morning of EG's VCUG while I drank my caramel macchiato and EG checked out the cool water fountain in the middle of the lobby. Looks like a nice hotel huh?She doesn't know what is about to happen....
AHHHH Get me out of this place....
After a long day at the hospital and a recovery nap for all three of us we headed out for the "secondary but also very important" reason we traveled to thailand....

All in all it was a good trip. Traveling with a 10 month old who has quite the personality along with all her mother's opinion is less than easy. So needless to say we were glad to get back home! We are so thankful she is better!






8 comments:

Mammanett said...

Thank you thank you for the pictures - I was having withdrawal !!
So glad all is well. Love you and miss you guys -
when can we come over? :))

Mammanett said...

Katie says that EG is singing the outback theme song in the last photo!

kacki said...

Happy 10 month b'day, EG!!! We,too, are so thankful that she is good to go!
Aside from the difficult procedure at the hospital, it looked like a great trip.
Thanks for sharing the trip with us! We love you all.

kacki said...

Is EG's hair getting curlier?

Angie said...

We're thankful that her UT problems are over! That's great news! Looks like you guys had a great trip!

About the pacifier, I have always told my children (and am telling Landon now) that the paci is their friend! (and mine!) They'll give it up soon enough!

Love you guys!
Angie

Mammanett said...

Erin - I used to say that I was going to have to Katie's pacifier worked into her prom bouquet - however, she gave it up in plenty of time! don't worry! These things just have a way of working out! :))

Ashlei said...

EA, So fun to find your blog. I'm addicted to people's blogs

Patt said...

EA and Andy - so glad to hear EG's urinary tract issues are all clear - wonderful news. EG has grown so much! Laura had her paci beyond her 3rd birthday! Patt