Thursday, October 23, 2008

30 hours...

I'm playing a mental game-wanna join?

If I was given the choice between these two, which one would I choose?

30 hours travel from door to door-which includes 3 flights, 3 people (one of which is 16 months)and one has a big pregnant belly and only 2 seats. OR....

30 hours of labor

I mean labor is more painful but then again, there is always the epidural. Wondering if I could sign my family up for some sort of "knock out" drug for the flight?

Ok, well I don't have a choice. One thing is for sure: 30 hours of travel with my big belly, a toddler and 2 seats is definitely in my very near future. I just hope and pray that 30 hours of labor is not!

We're packed and pretty much ready to go. Heading over to the K's to eat some of Xiao Li's Chinese cooking one last time. (by the way, she came over last night to visit and brought some homemade cookie dough for us to bake cookies-how is it that she is Chinese and can out bake me? Not fair.)

We'll leave our house at 9:30 tonight and fly from here to Korea. We'll have 5 hours in a hotel there before our long flight-landing us in Atlanta at 1:00 pm Sat. Then we'll eat our Chic Fila and hop on our last flight to RDU. We'll be seeing those NC fall colors in less than 2 days! Though we aren't excited about the flights we are excited to see our families really soon! Yipee!

Please say a prayer for us-for safety and smooth travel and especially for EG as she adjusts to a new place, new time zone and lots of new faces! (and an extra seat on the flight too!)

1 comment:

Tracie said...

Hi Erin Ashley. Will be praying for your flight. You can make it! Definitely preferred over 30 hrs. of labor!!