
Andy's computer savvy uncle, PJ came to the rescue once again! He has been our go to guy for all sling box repairs (which we seem to need more than you would think) The sling box is something that allows us to watch what's on Andy's parents TV-pretty cool from our computer, huh? We can even fight over the channels from our computer. Andy mainly uses the sling box to watch college football and basketball. He is quite committed to his Mountaineer football and Tarheel basketball, getting up at all hours of the night to watch games. Unfortunately our Mountaineers aren't doing so hot this year. BUMMER! The one time he can actually watch the games and they aren't playing well. But at least he can watch them now! This is light years away from our first year when he could, at best, listen to the game and sometimes not even that!
On that note-here's a funny story. Andy went to drastic measures to watch football his first year. He actually brought over a VCR so his mom could send him recorded games. One day he received a package from his mom and I asked him wait to open it until I arrived at his house for our date later that night! I wanted to see him open the package which I knew contained a "football party"-it had tapes of games, snacks and even a football shaped chip bowl. Andy was so excited when he opened it and asked if we could cancel our date-instead of taking me out he wanted me to stay in and watch football with him. Now, being the wonderful, understanding, selfless girlfriend that I was, I said yes and was secretly fuming. I know, that's bad but I was expecting a night on the town with my romantic man-not hours of recorded WV high school and college football. Anyway, since the VCR was from America he had this special power converter to make it work. Evidently he had the setting wrong on it and about 5 minutes into our football party we start to smell smoke. We heard a "boom" and then a giant cloud of smoke came rolling out of the VCR. Can you imagine our reactions? He was almost in tears. I, on the other hand, was having a hard time controlling my secret satisfaction. I know, I am terrible! I can't remember what we ended up doing that night but the memory of that giant smoke cloud has stayed with me! As you can tell, the poor guy has had a long road to getting to this point where he can watch games live! Thank you so much PJ! You're the best!
3 comments:
It's the little things in life that give us the most satisfaction
**note - I mean the football games he gets to watch - not the fact that the the vcr blew up! :)
Do we need a new coach???? GO MOUNTAINEERS!!!!
We thank you,too, PJ!
LOL! I love the VCR story.
As I was telling Tim, now that the Slingbox is working just have Tim set recording on all the games you want to watch and then Andy can watch them when it is convenient instead of at 3am. Not really relevant now since your home but whenever you are on mission in the future.
Dawn Luke and I have been looking so forward to your alls return, yes the Yankee in me is just about gone, evident by your alls and such. We cant wait to see y'all.
PJ, Dawn and Lukie
Post a Comment