Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas Parade

Next year I think I'm going to convince our little town in China to put on a Christmas parade! The town can put up lights-they are into tacky so I can see them really digging some Christmas lights strung around! I'll recruit the townspeople to be in the parade. I can see the grannies getting really into it! They love to do performances in the park-they get all dressed up and dance with fans and swords-why not do that while marching down the street to some Christmas music? Kids can ride their big wheels. Ladies can walk their ugly little yapper dogs dressed in ugly dog clothes that cost more than you would believe! Instead of people passing out candy, I'll get the sweet potato seller to put her cart on wheels and we'll hand out warm sweet potatoes to those watching! And-there is this one man in my complex that decks out everyday in a full white silk suit-he even has white hair to match. I think I can convince him to wear a red suit instead and grow out his beard to wrap up the parade. What do you think?

Well it might not work but at least we got to enjoy a down home Christmas parade this year! Check out the fun photos from the Charleston Christmas parade! Emma Grace loved it!

The band...

Mary and EG collected candy the whole time for me to eat! Thanks ladies-this pregnant lady was too embarrassed to get it herself!


It was COLD!! We all bundled up and had a blast.
Ok-I am not sure who I can get to fill these shoes in our China parade next year. Maybe Matt Kvernen?

Down home fun...

One of EG's favorites was the train! The whole crew!


Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Danielle said...

green lake already has up your tacky lights... purple. we can have a christmas parade year round down there!

also, lady, where is this picture... according to my watch this baby is due TOMORROW and I need to see the 9 month belly... don't hold out... at least take one on the way to the hospital if it gets down to the wire!

can't wait to hear about him!

Kelly said...

yup I need an updated picture as well before baby huff comes:) I will be checking often for baby alert updates:)

Andy and Sheryl said...

You don't even look pregnant, EA! Tell the truth - is little Huffy taking the photo of all you guys?