Friday, December 19, 2008

I could get used to this!

That's what EG is saying about having her baby brother around! It took a few days for her to warm up to the new addition but now she comes running in the room, screaming, "Hi Dack!" and passing out lots of kisses and hugs to her baby brother! Thanks to all of you who prayed for her and our family as we adjust to being a family of four!

It's been a whole week since Jack made his entrance into the world (that should explain and excuse my week of bloglessness). We've had a great first week as a family of four. After our stay in the hospital, we were super glad to get back to Emma Grace and start settling in to our new life. As I said, EG has really warmed up to her little brother and he's been really easy so far. He's been a great sleeper and eater as well as a great pooper-basically he's already mastered the three most important skills needed to be a newborn. He eats every 3 hours and sometimes likes to give me a stretch of 4 hours between eating. We had to take him to the doc several times this week, as they were concerned with his jaundice. But he's looking good now and a lot less yellow. He's starting to be more alert and we're all enjoying looking at those dark blue eyes.




I've changed my mind about his nose-it's looking more and more like Andy's. Here we are on our way home from the hospital!
Four generations of Huffman men-Jack, Andy, Tim and little Jack! And here we are at home-so glad to be home, sleeping in my own bed, on my stomach again! We've had lots of visitors, including my parents who stayed for several days after Jack was born. It's been so nice to have the help and to have meals provided for us! Thanks to everyone who has fed our family this past week! Jack especially liked the peanut butter cookies-hint hint!



5 comments:

Mammanett said...

Yea - a new blog - I was having BT's (even though I talk to you all the time!). Loved our visit with you guys! EG is so much fun - the Huffman 4 are a great family!
I have watched tv so much since I have been home........boy was I having trouble with the non-electronic age! :) I was wanting an electronic fix "reeel bad" - I would not have been a very good pioneer!
Love you bunches - see you soon!

laura said...

I was so glad to check this afternoon and see your update photos and blog! Glad we got to chat... I miss you guys tons!

Patt said...

What a beautiful family of four! So glad to hear EG has taken to Dack. Merry Christmas, guys! Paul and Patt

The Usserys said...

Congratulations! Jack is such a handsome young man. He's got to be the best Christmas gift ever, right? Merry Christmas!

Carmen, Eli, Emmanuel, and Reesie Pooh said...

EA--Glad ya'll are doing well. I love the 4 generations picture...special, special, special. It doesn't get much better than that. What a blessing.