Thankfully we had QUITE the distraction the very next day! Check out all these munchkins sitting on my couch less than 24 hours after my mom left! Who can be sad looking at all these precious faces?
We had some friends over for a cookout and these are all the youngins-12 under 4 and one more on the way! (the smallest is just two weeks old!) The kids swam in our kiddie pool and ran around like little monkeys! We enjoyed some amazing food-Andy grilled chicken for us and everyone brought sides and desserts. It was really fun to see everyone, though Andy and I both had to take a nap today to recover!
A little side note-in this picture, not one child is crying. Getting them to all sit on the couch for a picture in and of itself is pretty amazing, but no crying? Pretty much a miracle! I'll try to get some more pictures of the outdoor fun soon. Our camera is hopefully arriving this week. But no fear grandparents-your fellow grandparent Lynnette took enough pictures while she was here to keep me blogging for a year! For some great pictures of China and her perspective on our life here, you should check out her blog: thethackfamily.blogspot.com.
This will be our first week of "normal life" in over 4 months! Responsibility is knocking at my door with no grandparents around to help. But we're thankful for a taste of normal for a bit! Speaking of responsibility-I need to change a diaper, put a child to bed, wash my dishes, fold the laundry and plan this weeks' meals before I go to bed. Pray for me.
4 comments:
OK you guys - keep it up and you will need a bigger couch!!
Glad you had fun! Miss you guys!
But it is great to be home, sleep in my bed and watch tv. hee hee
that is absolutely AMAZING that you got such a beautiful picture of all those kids. well done my friend! praying for you going back to "normal!"
Hey EA,
I know it was wonderful having your mom there! What an amazing woman, she is! I hope you'll be able to keep up with the blog even though Mamanett has left. Can you squeeze it in during nap time? I love to read it everyday and be able to keep up with you guys! We miss you and love you bunches! Keep the posts coming!
Loved the munchkins photo! What a miracle indeed that no one was crying! We're praying for you but we know EG and Jack are blessed to have you as parents! See you soon! Patt
Post a Comment