I spent the morning caring for kiddos/hanging out with a fellow alum, Laura. This is our life Laura-no more gathering at Charles Gouch's trailer mansion to watch the game (you were there right?) and no more getting up with the hubsters and the rest of the gang to watch a game from distant China. BUT-it's a life I thoroughly enjoy!
I don't know much more about the game except that they won by a large margin. What I do know is that my daughter has really bad diaper rash, which we are trying to figure out what to do about. Please pray for that. I also know that lemon juice, oregano, garlic and salt make a mean marinade for grilling pork chops! We had those, cheese grits and green beans for dinner. And I also know that hearing Jack laugh is one of the highlights of my day. He's currently laughing at his Daddy as I type this!
We have a VERY VERY low key two weeks planned. Just hanging around the house, getting life back in order and desperately trying to restock the condiment section of my fridge. The Huffmans love condiments and they give recipes the extra zing you need. I've already borrowed Laura's Worcestershire sauce two times now! Already put my imported cocktail sauce to good use. It's the not so secret ingredient in my Gmaw's veggie soup!
Xiao Li and I made Strawberry Jam last night. It was really fun and surprisingly successful considering neither of us had the slightest clue what we were doing. Well, she had made it once before so she knew a little more than I did. I only got burned by boiling strawberry jam twice.
Looks like our camera might be a few more weeks before arriving. But I'll leave you with a couple recent pictures Mamma Nette took!
At Green Lake:
Jack is into lifting weights already! Just kidding. This rattle belonged to Andy as babe!
2 comments:
=) Love you guys!! GO HEELS!!
Miss y'all tons! Thanks for the encouragement EA...
~chels
um. auntie chels that is ;)
I want to hear Jack laugh too! We love and miss you all and will pray for EG's diaper rash.
Post a Comment