Monday, April 27, 2009

My love hate relationship

With the Chinese Dairy Industry...





I LOVE that I get my milk and yogurt delivered to my window each day.

I don't love (hate is such a strong word!) that I have to buy my mild, just ok cheese in a forty pound block and then shred it by hand and put it in the freezer!

I LOVE that yogurt is a drink in this country! You can imagine what a two year old does with a spoon and a container of yogurt!
I don't love that really good cheese is really expensive here. Oh, Bleu, Oh Pepperjack, I have such wonderful memories of our time together in the U.S. and please know, I think of you often.
I LOVE THAT GOD MADE DAIRY and I am so grateful for the access we do have to milk, yogurt, BIG GIANT HUNKS of mild cheese and an occasional block of expensive pepperjack!
P.S. Some friends and I are ordering a forty pound block of Cheddar and twenty lbs of Mozzarella this week! If you remember my Italy Savings plan, you'll be glad to know, I've currently saved enough to pay for one meal while in Italy!

2 comments:

Mammanett said...

Great pics. What a HAM!

kacki said...

Looks like EG is either wearing "lipstick" or the yogurt is pink!!
(I hope it's lipstick, like her Kacki's!)