The high from successfully potty training your kids can be compared to the feeling of just completing a half marathon! In the process, part of you is thinking, "why am I doing this? I can't do this. This is insane!" but the other part of you is excited and you are so totally thrilled when you finally reach that finish line. Now we have by NO MEANS reached the finish line but we are on our way! The first morning was rough with way more accidents than successes. Day two was much better and today we've had no accidents so far. I am taking EG to the potty fairly frequently so she hasn't really had the opportunity to actually tell me she needs to go. I am not sure how it will go when I forget to take her. Maybe I should wait and see if she is able to tell me she needs to go? Not sure. I should contact some of my mom friends and find out what the book they read says.
We are pretty sure her rash is a yeast diaper rash, which according to the internet is fairly common. We have some cream for it and it seems to be getting better. Please do pray that it will continue to heal. She hasn't complained in a day or so, so that's good news.
We are just hanging out this weekend, enjoying some much needed down time! I'll be making some Eastern NC style BBQ for Easter!
Hope to post some pics of our Easter Egg dying soon!
2 comments:
Woo hoo - that is great news! Keep up the good work you two! Happy Easter! We love you guys and miss you!
I have a friend who swears that if you put plain yogurt on a yeast rash, it clears up super quick...
Post a Comment