Who will put EG in her bed in the morning so I can sleep in a little bit?
Who will organize my cabinets?
Who will make sweet tea everyday?
Who will wash my laundry when it's getting really backed up?
Who will bounce Jack in his seat while reading a book so that I can go outside with Emma Grace?
Who will help me to see China through new eyes?
Who will give me advice and wisdom on parenting and relationships from an older more experienced perspective?
Who will I share my love of China McDonald's with? (ok, I still have Andy!)
Who will I enjoy a good sliced tomato with?
Oh, this having two kids thing is about to get a lot tougher come 11:55 tomorrow evening-a quite a bit lonelier!
And finally, what will I do when EG stands at the bottom of the stairs and yells, "Mamma Nette, where are you?"
Be sad. That's what I'm gonna do. And maybe cry. My leaving America was made much easier by the fact that my mom came with us. So my crying was delayed a little-but the tears are coming, I can feel it. The reality that my mom and all the other grandparents are so far away is starting to set in. And the fact that we're really on our own raising two little ones is a tiny bit overwhelming!
We've had a great time and it's been so fun for her to see our life here! Thanks so much for coming Mamma Nette and thanks to Dan and Katie for giving her up for a couple weeks so she could join us! Here we are enjoying dinner with Xiao Li and A Xin! 

Emma Grace of course did some entertaining. She showed everyone her acrobatics and her Mary move!
5 comments:
The question is what will I do without these precious little ones to play with and how sad will I be that I am missing seeing my little one all grown up and being a very special mommy? I don't know, but I do know that this trip has been amazing and I have enjoyed every second. Can't wait to come back.......and I WILL be back!! Love you guys!
MammaNette
EA,
I am so glad that your mom got to spend some time with you in your home. I know that she was a HUGE blessing to you guys. I will pray especially for these first few days of transition. You are such an incredible mom! A true inspiration to me...I know that God will give you the grace that you need to make it through each day with two little ones! EG is so cute in all of her pictures. Give Andy a kiss from me. Love you, C
I know your time with your mom has been so special! What a great time you all have had! Nothing can erase all those fun memories.
You have been on my mind as this day approached. My heart is very sad for you all. Its hard to see her go and I know how hard it is on her to leave. But I am so thankful that she was able to be there and experience your life in Asia.
Count on my prayers. Love you all!
As Kathy said, all of you have been on my mind, knowing how hard the separation will be on you all..Love you much & praying for an easy transition...
Post a Comment