For Jack, it invloves his ability to crawl and climb. He can go just about anywhere he wants and he does. He's climbed the stairs several times while we were looking the other way. He has tumbled down a stair or two but we have no major injuries to date...
For Emma Grace, the problem lies in the fact that her abilities are far greater than her common sense. Her physical abilities matched with her crazy personality and her 2 year old reasoning makes for a diaster waiting to happen. This phase just came upon us out of nowhere. In the past week, here are a few things she's done that might help you see what I mean about the "abilities>common sense=disaster" formula.
She somehow reached up on a cabinet, grabbed a candle, extinguished it, and filled the candle with water from the water cooler.
She got scissors from Andy's desk and began cutting one of Andy's books.
She undressed herself and got in the sink to give herself a "sink bath."
She came running to me and said "what is this?" She had found a string of unused firecrackers on the ground.
She cleaned her hands with all purpose cleaner. Guess she took the "all purpose" thing seriously.
In all seriousness, I've been praying a lot for her lately. Please join me. I am hoping her common sense will catch up to her physical abilities really soon!!!!
7 comments:
that is the cutest picture of Emma Grace! She is a darling little girl... love that personality!
OH MY HEAVENS! Bless your heart! Sweet mercy, EG is a nut!! Good luck with both of your daredevils!
Oh boy--the fun is increasing!! I loved both the pics!!!
Oh boy--the fun is increasing!! I loved both the pics!!!
makes me feel better that other people's kids get into things when you're not looking!
I wish we were there to give both EG and Jack sink baths---better yet right here in my kitchen sink!
mma Grace is your "challenge" - but what great fun she has! A total love for knowing and exploring life! Patt
Post a Comment