Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Harvest Festival

There's really nothing quite like fall in the South. The leaves, the crisp air, the football games...Andy and I both love fall and all that comes with it. But in our mild-weather city, we don't have many of the "fall fixins" that make this season so amazing. But thankfully, there are other foreigners in our city who want to recreate the feelings of fall for everyone to enjoy. Last weekend, we took the kiddos to a Harvest Festival-hotdogs, caramel apples, lots of costumes, and candy...For me, the anticipation of the whole event was half the fun! EG and I talked about her wearing her Butterfly costume. As you can see, she looked great as a butterfly...At the last minute, I found a football jersey (thanks LUKE!!) and asked EG if she preferred to be a football player. Of course! In the end, we all followed suit and went as the Mountaineers!!! Andy was just thrilled. I think our growing love for Mountaineer football is linked to our growing disconnect from all that is "home." Diving into a love for something familiar, something from home, somehow makes us feel more connected to the place and people we love and miss. So part of what made this harvest festival so fun for our family was the connection we felt to all that is home-the feelings of fall, the people, the football.


Though it was really hot and super crowded, we still enjoyed our time. EG played a Bean bag game and while putting the last bean bag in the pumpkin, a scary man jumped out at her. She was terrified. We left immediately. HEHE. Just kidding. After she stopped crying, we played for a few more minutes and then took the obligatory family pictures.

Happy Fall, Ya'll!!!

4 comments:

Mammanett said...

That is the best looking team WV has ever had!!

kacki said...

Love it! Love it! Love it!!!!

Patt said...

What fun. Paul and I really missed the changing of the seasons when we were in Thailand. Paul was always the most homesick in the fall - but I think he was really just missing football! Go team! Patt

Kim Tapp said...

oh my goodness, EG looks ADORABLE as a football player :). and so grown up with her hair that long!