Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Meet Mary

I'd like to introduce you to Mary...
She's been in our lives now for about 2 weeks now. She looks a lot like our little girl Emma Grace but don't be confused. This is NOT Emma Grace, and she will let you know. If you attempt to call her Emma Grace, or sweetie, or honey, or any other name, she will promptly tell, you, "I'm not Emma Grace, or I'm not sweetie, I'm Mary!" To complete the Mary profile, she has changed the name of her Chick Chick to Joseph and her Peanut to Baby Jesus. And when you pray for her, you best pray for Mary, because...you guessed it...she'll promptly interrupt and tell you, "I'm not EG, I'm Mary!"

4 comments:

Mammanett said...

Very nice to meet you Mary. I think you chose a wonderful name for yourself. Some very important people have been called Mary. Take the mother of Jesus, or your aunt Mary for example. Yes, I think you are quite worthy of the name Mary. I am pleased to make your acquaintance. Once, when I was 15, my girlfriend and I took on new names while at the beach. (to impress boys, no doubt). I think mine was Jacqueline. I think when I enter the nursing home (around 90), I shall tell them to call me Jack-ee`!!

Kelly said...

that is so cute! What prompted her to change her identity? She is so creative!

Angie said...

Ironic! The design on my toast this morning resembled Emma Grace, I mean, Mary! I'm thinking of selling it on e-bay!

kacki said...

Now I have 2 beautiful Marys in my life!!