We were really glad Aunt Marv could come! She is now EG's hero. Mary is great with kids and it was so fun to show her our life here! She and I enjoyed more than one bowl of popcorn and M n M's! (OK, more than three) Chef Timbo taught Xiao Li to cook a delicious western meal. They were both be in the kitchen and we could hear Tim jabbering away in English to her and then she'd respond back in Chinese. It was really cute! They definitely managed to communicate and turn out a phenomenal meal.
We are so grateful the time, energy, and money you spent to come visit us. We were blessed tremendously. We are looking forward to more opportunities to see you guys in the near future!

A side note: In my five years of being a Huffman, there are a few things I've learned about Huffman family rules. These rules were confirmed once again during their time here. These are unspoken rules but very important nonetheless.
First off, all Huffman women are REQUIRED to wear extremely big sunglasses. I am working my way up to "extremely big." Mine are still considered medium.
Secondly, all Huffmans must be slightly obsessed with Tim's Red Wine-Dijon Mustard Salad Dressing. I've never spent more than like 5 days with them where we didn't have this dressing.
Thirdly, all Huffman women must have the stamina to shop for purses for hours at a time in harsh, extreme conditions. I was pushed to my limit this trip. All Huffman men must be slightly annoyed by the dogged determination they see in Huffman women when it comes to purse shopping.
Finally, all existing Huffmans must be extremely warm and welcoming to new Huffmans and make them feel like they 100% belong. You guys are great at this one. (And the big sunglasses one as well.)
A side note: In my five years of being a Huffman, there are a few things I've learned about Huffman family rules. These rules were confirmed once again during their time here. These are unspoken rules but very important nonetheless.
First off, all Huffman women are REQUIRED to wear extremely big sunglasses. I am working my way up to "extremely big." Mine are still considered medium.
Secondly, all Huffmans must be slightly obsessed with Tim's Red Wine-Dijon Mustard Salad Dressing. I've never spent more than like 5 days with them where we didn't have this dressing.
Thirdly, all Huffman women must have the stamina to shop for purses for hours at a time in harsh, extreme conditions. I was pushed to my limit this trip. All Huffman men must be slightly annoyed by the dogged determination they see in Huffman women when it comes to purse shopping.
Finally, all existing Huffmans must be extremely warm and welcoming to new Huffmans and make them feel like they 100% belong. You guys are great at this one. (And the big sunglasses one as well.)
Love you!
4 comments:
How wonderful! What great memories and what a beautiful Huffman family!!
I love revisiting our time there through your eyes! Warm, fun, busy, hilarious, competitive in Wii games and WVU basketball, but mostly the most precious time spent with you all!! All your friends there are so dear - I love them!! I love and miss you all and can't wait to see you again.
Okay, I love that ya'll had what seemed like an amazing time...but what about the bath time with EG? Did they complete the challenge? Did they find a way to make her like getting her hair washed? please--don't leave me in suspense anymore!
Post a Comment