Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Really Large Ferris Wheel

A year or two ago, our city got this-A GIANT, ENORMOUS, can-it-see-across-the-city-skyline Ferris Wheel. From the moment I saw it I was floored by it's size and told myself I would never, ever, ever get on that thing. Then, some of our dear friends decided they would put together a fun "Huffmans' last shabang" night for us. First on their list of things to do...I still can't believe I agreed to get on this thing! Especially after seeing the welcome sign!
But we did!


The view from the top was pretty amazing. We could see the city, the mountains, the lake, the sunset, and our lives flashing before our eyes. I would say most of us were slightly to very scared for at least some portion of the ride-especially when the wind started to blow at the very top!


We survived and I'm glad we will have those fun memories with our friends! Though I was more than relieved when I got my feet back on solid ground! After the ride, we hung out for a bit at the park and our friends made a little film of them asking us and each other funny and interesting questions about our last 7 years here in China! It was silly and fun and so meaningful to us. We felt really loved. Here's David interviewing Andy.
John says, "I own that Ferris Wheel!"

After the park, we headed to a Japanese style steak house for dinner! YUM YUM. In China, dinner is almost always family style so it's really important to be able to order well. Some people are great at picking out delicious dishes that compliment each other. You need just the right balance of meat and veggies and spice and salt and you just gotta know restaurant does which dishes well. We joke that one of John's spiritual gifts is ordering great dishes! We always love eating when he's ordering. He did an amazing job picking out the eats at the steak house-that black pepper beef might be my new favorite food.

Andy had the camera most of the time, so we really only got pictures of the women.


Thank you guys so much for making Andy and I feel so loved. We are blessed.

3 comments:

Mammanett said...

Great pics. So glad you were brave!!

Carmen, Eli, Emmanuel, and Reesie Pooh said...

It looks like ya'll had so much fun, and there are so many people who love you there. I wish that I could have tasted some of that food! I'm so thrilled that you are really enjoying your last few weeks/months. Soaking it all up!

kacki said...

You guys are so blessed to have such loving friends. "Beach or Bump and Boogie", Andy and EA style, will be something to really look forward to!