Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Animal Kingdom

From this post and my last one it looks like we are spending a lot of time at Disney. Since we have annual passes this year, it really is a fun way for our family to spend a day! Though I wouldn't say I love Disney, we really really liked Animal Kingdom. We went there last week on Andy's day off and had a really great time. It's a unique Disney experience in that it's fairly low-key. I got really sad when we ventured into the Asia section though. We actually met a guy from our city in China, who was working there. There are tons of internationals working there so it's fun to get to speak Chinese with people from China, like the guy we met last week. It was so weird to see his name tag. FRANK, China. My guess is many of the internationals go by English names, but it was just weird. Anyway, here are a few highlights!




Emma Grace LOVED the African performances. She and I got up and participated in the dancing. Andy took video which I will not be posting.



One of the coolest parts was the African Safari. Here we are loading the jeep and looking out for animals. Jack actually fell asleep before we saw any animals. We'll have to come back for him to experience it!




The parade was really cool and really different from the one at Magic Kingdom.


We spent the entire day there and did about half of all there is do to. We will definitely go back several more times this year! Parts of the safari reminded me of the wildlife center in China that we visited with the Greenes. Made me miss you guys! Can't wait to see you in a few months!
YAY for free Annual Disney Passes! It's seems like a small thing, but it really has made the transition to America a lot of fun for us. One of things we were most looking forward to in our move was the ability to have more fun together as a family. "To do new and exciting things together." It was hard for us to figure out how to have fun together as a family in China. I think it was the combination of our stage of life, living outside the city, and a lack of fun things to do where we were that made it hard for us. So far this year, we have really had a good time as a family venturing out to parks, Disney, the beach and the pool. It's a huge part of living a healthy, balanced life for us, so we are really grateful for all the fun options we have this year!

2 comments:

Mammanett said...

Emma Grace - I plan to visit Africa some day. You keep practicing your dance & we will go together. Sound like a plan?

Carmen, Eli, Emmanuel, and Reesie Pooh said...

Mama Lynette--I'm sooo in on the Africa trip! Please include me :) EA--I want to see video of the dancing...please! I'm so glad ya'll are having fun. What a huge blessing.