Kids:1
Mom Squad:0

This is what happened today during Emma Grace's room time. She really loves playing by herself, ESPECIALLY when I accidentally leave craft scissors in reach. Oops. When I asked her why she cut her hair, she gave multiple reasons, including:
It was bothering me because it was too long and touching my shoulders (nice try, it's not long enough to touch your shoulders!)
I didn't want my hair to get torn???????????
I didn't want Jack to pull my hair
It was in my face (That's true if she doesn't have a hair bow)
Mom, it seems it's a rite of passage for most kids. OK, she didn't say that, but it's true.
5 comments:
One time I cut Becky's and my bangs completely off the day before my mom had a scheduled family photo session with a photographer. I think its awesome she went ahead with the pictures! Becky and I look like we are sporting some weird Nordic mullet trend. :) I guess it is a rite of passage--especially for girls, I think!
oops!
Great reasoning!
Reminds me of someone else I know--but hers was to the root with a mullet in the back. Tim said it was business in the front and party in the back! Anyway, we have fun memories of that time and Marv still is referred to at times as "Billy Ray"!
Too funny! My little brother let one of his preschool classmates cut his hair. Afterwards, he said, "I don't look too good." Someone should write a book of all the "rites of passage" haircuts!
I personally like the "Jack excuse". It's a good one! She's so smart!
Post a Comment