But this year, we really experienced part of American culture that we forgot existed. Halloween has taken over this country in the last 7 years while we were gone. Seriously, our neighborhood came alive over the last few weeks with decorations, lights and anticipation! And I understand why now-last night was a blast! Everyone was out, spirits were high, candy was overflowing, and people were talking and getting to know one another, something kind of rare in the "single family dwelling" culture that we are now a part of. Halloween brought our neighbors out and we really enjoyed the community of it all.
We hosted a pumpkin carving-cookout the weekend before Halloween. Down here is hot Florida, you have to wait until 2 days prior to Halloween before carving your pumpkin. Otherwise the pumpkin faces all look like wrinkly old men with a few teeth. Everyone got really into it and some of our neighbors even brought power tools to use! WOW!
2 comments:
Welcome to great American fun!!
What a crew!! So much fun! Love the costumes.
Andy was a cowboy his 2nd Halloween! But we never had a beautiful mermaid!! Great memories of all the times with my little Huffmans. I am happy I can enjoy these times with you all--even long distance!!
What a great holiday!! Free candy!! You guys look great. You make the cutest kitty EA!! How much "loot" did you eat after the kids went to bed?? Of course, I would never do that, but "ole salmon cakes"....that'sanother story. hee hee
Have an Almond Joy for me.
Post a Comment