I was teary eyed again this morning when we said good-bye to Tim and Kathi. Two weeks in a row, we've bid grandparents good-bye and my post-partum emotions were once again in full affect! I cry every time they leave actually, which is a sign of how much I love them and how much I feel loved by them.
Having a baby again has brought back all kind of memories. I am remembering my life in China again. We were fully immersed in baby phase our last few years there, so it makes sense that having a baby would make me think about China a lot. And one thing I've thought about is how much I used to blog. I remember starting our blog for the grandparents...so they could see our babies growing and what we were up to. And I LOVE to look back on it and remember. I forget most things with my poor memory so the blog has become such a treasure to me and love to look back with Andy and remember when the kids first went sledding with Poopaw or the day we did Kareoke with Xiao Li and A Xin or how Jack looked like a wrinkly old man when he was born.
Since we've moved back I just haven't had the time or motivation to blog like I did in China...but having a baby is making me want to record more moments of our days and remember! So for the grandparents and for my enjoyment when these memories have faded from my brain... here are a few "moments" from our last week. Somehow I didn't get ANY pictures of Tim and Kathi. Hopefully they have some they can send me. For some reason I never take pictures when they are here. Tim and Kathi, send some my way!!!
 |
| Enjoying some wildlife in our backyard. We had 7 wild turkeys in our yard two weeks ago! |
 |
| Emma Grace and Alissa, one of her favorite friends from school. |
 |
| Emma Grace and Jack LOVED the package from their Auntie...thanks Carmen, Emmanuel, Reese and Moriah! |
 |
| All in a days work! Jack's been roping cattle and has worn his cowboy clothes EVERYDAY since he got them! |
2 comments:
Another happy week in the life of the Huffman family!
Goodbyes make hellos that much sweeter! Thanks for blogging. I must confess, I check it at least twice daily. You are such a wonderful mommy and quite the word-smith. Thanks for sharing on such a regular basis. It makes the distance feel shorter.
I love you!
Hi, I love the way that you put your feelings in words. I also check your blog at least once a day and sometimes in the middle of the night(Like Now) when I have to get up. Love to all of you and God bless you. Aunt Dorothy
Post a Comment