Thursday, February 28, 2008

Spring City Winter Wonderland

Yesterday while riding home from my scrapbooking night with Alisa, I asked the driver if he thought it might snow. Earlier in the day, it had hailed, and was very cold. He emphatically answered, "NO WAY, it's about Springtime...it cannot snow in March!" When we awoke this morning, this is what we saw:




As you can see, the Spring City got a nice covering of snow last night! It was so exciting to wake up and see white everywhere. We got our winter duds on and headed out to the soccer field, where just this past weekend, we were tossing the football in 65 degree weather. But today, it was snowball fights and some snowman action. We went to the market and bought a carrot for the nose! Emma Grace seemed to like the snow-it was her first time to see snow. We just finished our hot chocolate and EG is snuggled in for her morning nap. It's potato soup for lunch. I just love the snow. (though it's warming up and will probably be gone sometime today)

3 comments:

kacki said...

My little snow bunny!! What a blast you all must have had. I am at the kitchen table and snow is still covering our ground, but I am afraid that we didn't throw any snowballs, build any "men" or have any potato soup. But Marv did get to miss school on Thursday so it was a successful snow for all here!
You all are building snowmen and lots of great memories. Thanks for sharing them with us.
I will be so happy to be able to enjoy either rain, snow or shine with you all sometime in the future.
We love you all lots!!

Mammanett said...

Woo hoo SNOW!! Looks like fun!

Vickie said...

Wow! SNOW! I am sooo jealous! We haven't seen snow in years. I think the Christmas you kids built the "Ugly" snowman at G-maw's might be the last time I saw snow. Of course, our azaleas are beginning to bloom (it is early March after all) and if you ever want to just rest by the pool, come on down to sunny Florida and we've got you covered!!
Love Ya!
Vickie