Sunday, March 2, 2008
The blue screen of death
I love my computer because it's little and easy to use and fairly fast and I have this cute computer fix-it guy named Andy who always seems to know how to fix all our computer problems. Until...we get the blue screen of death. Many of you have faced this screen before and know the terror and frustration that comes when you see it pop up unexpectedly. Yesterday morning we turned on our less than two year old computer to find the blue screen and nothing Andy tried fixed it. AHHH. Thankfully, we have a good friend, John, who is a real computer guru and is working on it. The plan of action right now is to back up all the data from our computer, erase everything, reinstall stuff (that's technical) and then put the data back on. What this means to me is that there is HOPE of saving all the bazillion pictures I have taken of Emma Grace over the last 9 months. My lesson: back up my important stuff. I am consoled knowing that atleast I have the blog, where the highlights are stored, but I am so sad that we might lose lots of other pictures. So pray with us that John will be able to fix our computer and save our files-esp the pictures! will keep you posted. Currently using our older computer, which works fine but doesn't have all our important documents, pics, etc on it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ohh - so sorry to hear about your computer "issues"! If you don't have one, get one of those little "flash drive" things (the bigger the better or get several that are 2-4 gb size) and save all your pictures & important documents on them. Since you're like us & take lots of pictures, you may want to get several!
Love Ya!
Vickie
Post a Comment