Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Happy Birthday Charlie!

Today, Oct 7th is my brother's birthday! Happy Birthday Charles Phillip Ross! You are one of my favorite people in the whole wide world and I am celebrating this day with a thankful heart that's full of memories of all the fun we've had together over the years! (And by the way, I'm sorry I made you walk from the high school to the middle school when I was late for school-I still feel really bad about that. See the middle schoolers weren't allowed to be dropped off at the high school because it was a little dangerous for them to walk to the middle school as they had to go through the bus parking lot and along a driveway where cars were driving. But I of course, being the selfish teenager that I was, made him walk when I was late. He would run from bus to bus and dodge behind them to avoid being seen by the principal. I am really sorry for that Charlie!) But I think I made it up to you when I helped you pick up brush in our front yard when that was your punishment for something you'd gotten in trouble for. It was about 120 degrees and we moved much faster with my "method" of picking up brush-though that got us in as much trouble as the first thing you'd done! HEHE. We won't drag all our family secrets out on the blog!)

Isn't he cute...

Can you be a state champion at age 6? Charlie was! His pee wee football team won the state championship!

Mom and Dan's wedding. Why did I have that haircut? You were way too cute while I, on the other hand, looked like a boy with big bangs in a puffy dress. And the man you've grown to be!
We're so proud of you and can't wait to see you while we're home this winter! Lots of love and Happy Birthday to one the neatest guys on the planet!

2 comments:

Mammanett said...

I agree!

kacki said...

Now i get a glimpse of EG when she is older---adorable!